At Ignite Microsoft announced SharePoint Server 2019. It will arrive in the second half of 2018. Preview version is expected mid 2018. SharePoint will come with Office 2019, Exchange Server 2019 and Skype for Business Server 2019.
SharePoint 2019 focus on 4 pillars:
- Share and work together
- Inform and engage
- Transform business process
- IT/developer value
What we know so far:
- SharePoint 2019 will support next gen sync client (for OneDrive files and sites synchronizations).
- User interface will be modernized
- New sharing capabilities
- Communications sites and team news for on-prem.
- Transform business processes
- Deeper integration with Power Apps/Flow
- InfoPath will be supported in SharePoint 2019
- Modernized metadata and filtering,
- Column formatting
- SharePoint Framework to extending business process
- Hybrid configuration during configuration process
- Expanding supporting characters
- New max path limit 400
- Upload web files
- Enhanced security
- SMTP email server authentication
- New features in SharePoint Framework (new webparts, extensions)
These features are still in planning stage but next months will shows what will be implemented in final product.
Microsoft announced the TAP program for SharePoint Server 2019. Simply go to the Programs nomination portal. Use the private program code SPT232 (not all requests will be accepted).